Deadlocked Cover Reveal!

Gollancz Author: - March 27th, 2012
Charlaine Harris, Cover Reveal, Dark Fantasy

It’s that moment of the year again! The new, the final, Deadlocked cover is here in all its glory! Last year we kicked off the brightest, boldest new cover look on the shelves, to celebrate the publication of the unmissable Sookie Stackhouse novel Dead Reckoning . . .

. . . and now, with no further ado, here it is. The brightest, boldest cover of 2012 is here, and you saw it on the Gollancz blog first!

Tags: , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 4:03 pm and is filed under Charlaine Harris, Cover Reveal, Dark Fantasy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

26 Responses to “Deadlocked Cover Reveal!”

1. Jen says:

I’m afraid I really dislike these new covers. Especially the yellow ones – there’s no way I’m buying them. eBook for me until it goes paperback in the US covers.

2. Gillian Gillian says:

Hi Jen,

I’m sorry you’re not a fan of them. Getting the cover right for a Charlaine Harris novel is tough, and we knew we wouldn’t be able to please everyone. All of the previous books are available with HBO TrueBlood covers, and Dead Reckoning and Deadlocked will be no exception. We also make sure the ebooks are available in all formats and for all readers.

Thanks for commenting, and happy reading,
    Gillian

3. layne says:

I love these covers! Actually I’d like to buy them all (and give my current paperback collection to my sister) but I’m having a hard time finding them all. I live in France and I managed to get the last 2 (Dead Reckoning and Deadlocked) in hardcover with these covers when they went out but I don’t know how to get the previous ones. Can you help me please? Thanks!

4. Rachael says:

Hi Gillian,
    Just wondering if you could update on the HBO cover being released for Deadlocked. Really don’t want to buy the book without it (keep the collection all the same).
    Thanks!

5. Rachael says:

Hi Gillian,
    Just wondering when the HBO true blood cover will be released for Deadlocked.
    I’m holding off buying deadlocked until it has this cover so my collection stays the same (which you indicated to “Jen” on the 30th March).
    With thanks
    Rachael

6. Michelle says:

Hi, I’ve only just found this page and would just like to ask why you keep changing the covers? I’ve the whole set of paperbacks from the beginning, which started to incorporate the tv series characters lately…bad enough as half the tv characters either aren’t in the books or have been changed beyond recognition (ie Tara) and now it seems like my collection is going to go even further off the mark with these bright coloured new ones. Is there no chance of a bit of consideration for those of us who have been reading these books since before the advent of the tv series? Don’t want to sound like a complete gripe but it is a bit irritating when you have a series of books on the shelf that suddenly no longer look like a set….some of us do still like to buy the books to keep and reread rather than download or borrow. I’m sure I can’t be the only person that feels this way? Is there no chance of completing the series as is/was and then reprinting with the new covers….. Please?
    Regards

• Gillian Gillian says:

Hi Michelle,

I’m sorry you’re not a fan of the new cover looks, but we have bourne collectors in mind and are publishing both the HBO editions (with the cast members and relevant HBO season artwork) and these new, brightly coloured editions, side by side. You can choose the look you prefer, and collect the entire set. Your local bookseller should be able to help you order the version you want.

Best wishes,
      Gillian

7. Rachael says:

G’day Gillian,
    Thank you for the update and I’m looking forward to November 1st! Excellent news!!!
    Thank you for making both covers available to us readers to satisfy our own personal and individual preferences!
    Thank you for your consideration and no trouble regarding the timing of the reply.
    Have a great day!
    Cheers, Rachael

8. Rose Playle says:

So, its Nov 1st! The new cover hasn’t appeared on Amazon yet, (at least not that I can see- the one that has the Nov 1st date on has the same cover) is it still due out now, or do we have to wait a little longer? Or has amazon just not put the right cover on? I can’t wait to read it!! (Hence my impatience of asking now :’) )

Thanks!
    Rose Playle

9. Carly says:

I can’t seem to find deadlocked in the uk anywhere, unless I wait till end of year. I need to have the HBO covers to go with rest of collection. Please help me need this book.

10. cc says:

So, the cover with Sam is the only hbo cover coming out? I’ve been waiting to purchase this book for over a year.

11. carly says:

Hi

Where can i find the hbo cover for dead ever after? Will it be released any time this year in the uk? Just need that one book to complete the whole series. As long as i know what to look out for and around what time of year.
    And thank you for help i managed to find deadlocked, delivery some time in september.

12. Carly says:

Hi
    With your help from the last time I was able to purchase deadlocked with the hbo cover. Now I am looking for dead ever after hbo cover to complete my series. Was wondering if you could tell me if this is coming out soon in the uk and what cover looks like so I know what I’m looking for and when I should start.

Thank you.

• cc says:

The hbo cover doesn’t come out until a year after the hardback does. Stupid, I know, but that’s what I’ve noticed while looking for myself.
      Do you know if the sam cover is the only hbo cover for deadlocked?

• Hi CC,

That is the only HBO cover we’ll be releasing – and I appreciate your frustration if you’ve been collecting the black-covered set. We only use official HBO artwork, and this is the style they chose for the season. I hope that news isn’t too frustrating.

Best,
        Gillian

13. Carly says:

That is what they are saying. It’s completely different to the rest of the HBO covers in the series. But it’s the only one I can find.

• Hi Carly,

We don’t have the official HBO artwork for Dead Ever After as yet, but as soon as we do you should see it announced on the blog. It should be within the next two months or so – I hope that’s ok.

Best,
      Gillian

14. Rose says:

Hi!

When will the HBO cover for Dead Ever After be released? And where can I buy it in the Uk? Managed to hold out on reading it till now, but not sure how much longer I can last, haha!

Thank you!

• Charlie says:

The HBO cover for Dead Ever After will be out in trade paperback on 14th November 2013 (with the mass market paperback edition in September 2014). It will be available to buy in all the usual UK bookshops and online retailers.

15. Claire says:

Any links to the release of DEAD EVER AFTER with the HBO cover? or its ISBN number?

Thanks