A brand new stand-alone novella in the Rivers of London series!
Tobias Winter has been assigned to the Abteilung KDA – the Department for Complex and Unspecific Matters.
Despite the intriguing department name, as Winter explains, dealing with the strange and the supernatural is ‘actually 90% paperwork’. But this is a story about the other 10% of the job: the life-threatening danger part.
This is a tale about the Queen of the Harvest, the October Man, and the little-known time the vineyard around Trier started to eat people . . .
Winter may be P. C. Peter Grant’s German counterpart, but surviving this investigation is entirely down to him…
(p) 2019 Orion Publishing Group
Funny and wildly inventive
Mail on Sunday
Masterfully crafted ... gives the late, great Terry Pratchett a run for his money
Ben Aaronovitch has created a wonderful world full of mystery, magic and fantastic characters. I love being there even more than the real London
Charming, witty, exciting
An incredibly fast-moving magical joyride for grown-ups